GrimmSpeed Up Pipe 44mm EWG V-Band w/ Black Ceramic Coating
: In stock
: Up Pipe
An External Wastegate (EWG) allows exhaust gases to be diverted prior to
entering the turbo; creating quicker turbo spool. The GrimmSpeed™ EWG has a larger diameter than a stock internal wastegate; this allows the exhaust gas to be released faster, which improves boost control, maintains maximum boost longer in the rpm range. All of these together will give you a 10-40 HP INCREASE. Moving the wastegate out of the turbo relieves the turbo from the massive amounts of turbulence that the stock internal wastegate creates.
The entire EWG Up-Pipe is made of 304 SS(flanges, flex, tubing) and has a pipe-wall thickness of 14 Gauge, this is the most "heavy-duty" pipe you will find. Many other pipes use cheap thin steel and are marketed as "super light weight", not us. The inlet size is 1.92" and the pipe tapers down to 1.72” which acts as a funnel as it moves into the turbo allowing for the smoothest transition and best air-flow quality. The one of a kind Triple Layer Flex Joint is not located in the bend, which adds to the life expectancy of the flex section. Our outlet size is a perfect match to the most common stock location turbos allowing for a smooth transition into the turbo.
Also available with the EWG Up-Pipe package, a bracket to hold the stock internal wastegate shut. This bracket is helpful because the turbo door does not need to be welded shut, decreasing the chance for leaks and allowing for easy removal if necessary. Availabe for many popular turbos, check the box below if you would like to add one to your order.
Note: The wastegate in the picture is not included.
The GrimmSpeed™ EWG Up-Pipe Kit fits more downpipes than any other EWG Up-Pipe on the market. Even fits large TurboXS 4" Bellmouth Downpipe!!
- TRIPLE LAYER Quality Flex Joint - Gives you extra durability compared to competitors single and double layer flex joints.
- Flow through Flex - There are no big steps in the flow path of our flex joint. Our flex is not located on a bend so there is very minimal flow loss(if any) through the flex.
- Curved EWG Side Outlet - Our ewg up pipes come with an angled side outlet which allows us to obtain optimal flow to the external wastegate.
- 2.0mm Piping Thickness - almost all pipes on the market use a 1.5mm thick piping wall, not us. We use a 2mm thick piping wall(33% thicker than all of our competition!)
- Pipe to Flange Connection - Much smoother connection. Tubes are recessed into flanges for smooth flow.
- Massive 304SS flanges
- 10+whp gain
- Minimal internal steps for maximum flow
- Complete stainless steel construction(pipe, flex section, flanges)
- Optional ceramic coating
- Flex joint that is NOT located in the bend which adds life expectancy to the flex section. many other up pipes have a flex right in a sharp bend so all the exhaust/turbulence is hitting up against it.
- Reduce turbo lag
If the item is not defective you will have to pay the return shipping and there is a 20% restocking fee and we do not refund our original shipping costs. Only new in the original packing items that have never been installed can be returned.
Note: All returns require a return authorization by Honest Speed Shop before returning. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. We do ship to the non lower 48 states and internationally. Please contact us for a shipping quote before ordering. A full ship to address is required for a shipping quote. Free shipping promotions do not apply to International orders and non lower 48 states orders
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.